S.H.A.P.E. Assessment Instructions
1. Fill out each section below, and try to be as honest with yourself as possible. The goal of this assessment is to Narrow your God Given “S.H.A.P.E.”, down to Your Top 5 Main Focuses/Priorities in Life (With the Top 2 being the 2 Greatest Commands, given by Jesus, to Love God & Love Your Neighbor).
2. Put your name and email address at the bottom of the form, plus add in an email address of a leader at your Church that can help you discover God’s Path/Will for your life, based upon your God-Given SHAPE, then click “Submit” (Adding a Leader's email is optional, but highly recommended).
3. Contact your Church leader so that you can go over your SHAPE Profile Results together.
NOTE: This assessment takes 30-60 minutes, and must be completed in one sitting.
ALSO: This Assessment Works Best on a Regular Computer, and not on a Phone.
Rate how often each statement is reflected in your life:
1. I am willing and able to learn executive skills such as planning, organizing, and delegating.
2. I enjoy sharing the message of the Gospel as I understand it.
3. I am accepting of persons deeply troubled or in crisis.
4. I feel deeply moved when confronted with the urgent financial needs of others.
5. I hurt for others who are poverty-stricken, physically sick, a stranger, or imprisoned.
6. I enjoy verbalizing Biblical truths which build, encourage, and comforts groups of believers.
7. I am ready to commit myself to care for the spiritual welfare of a group of young Christians.
8. I usually have a readiness to take on helping roles.
9. I have a strong conviction that Biblical truths should be understood accurately and be applied to current living.
10. I do well in evaluating results from studies on the effectiveness of a major church program.
11. I have a desire to relate to non-Christians so I can share my faith.
12. I am sensitive and sympathetic to persons who seem to be suffering or mentally ill.
13. I am willing to maintain a lower standard of living if it will benefit God's Word.
14. I desire to do acts of love and kindness for those who cannot or will not return them.
15. I enjoy sharing a hymn/song, lesson or Bible interpretation so that all believers present may learn.
16. I sense a need to select disciples and equip them to serve one another.
17. I would rather be a supportive background person than a 'performer.'
18. I enjoy learning and knowing the meaning of key words in Scripture.
19. I am able to organize ideas, people, things and time for more effective ministry.
20. I am at ease in sharing how Christ is my Savior and Lord.
21. I am willing to be called alongside another person seeking my encouragement, challenge, or advice.
22. I consider all that I own, or all that I am, as resources for stewardship to God.
23. I am content to serve the suffering or undeserving.
24. I prefer congregational preaching which explains and applies Biblical truths.
25. I enjoy having responsibility for the growth of a group of Christians.
26. I am satisfied and content with expressing my skills by helping others in charge.
27. I believe that the teaching-learning process is vital to local church growth.
28. I am able to lead a committee or group in making decisions together.
29. I am always looking for ways to communicate my personal relationship with Christ to others.
30. I have compassion towards those who are broken hearted, addicted or oppressed.
31. I am concerned that the money I give be used as efficiently as possible for God.
32. I am cheerful, available and involved in hospital, prison, or similar visitation.
33. I am not afraid to speak boldly about evil in worldly systems, such as government.
34. I have a great desire to guard my group of Christian followers from those who name themselves as enemies of Christians.
35. I am content to perform menial jobs or jobs considered unimportant by other people.
36. I have a passion for relating Biblical truths to life.
37. I am able to recruit Christians for the purpose of expressing their gifts and talents for the benefit of the Church.
38. I enjoy being an instrument of God in 'drawing the net' so that unbelievers receive Christ as Savior.
39. I am known to verbally encourage the weak, wavering or troubled.
40. I give cheerfully that God's work be extended and helped.
41. I work joyfully with persons ignored by the majority.
42. 'Telling forth' for God by instructing and warning large numbers of His people is my style.
43. It is important to me to know and be well-known by followers I serve and guide.
44. I enjoy typing, filing, recording minutes, or similar church-related tasks.
45. I have the ability to concisely instruct listeners in the precise meaning of words and passages in Scripture.
46. I am effective in delegating responsibility to others.
47. I have no problem sharing joyfully what Christ has done for me.
48. I verbally challenge the spiritually apathetic/uninterested.
49. I give things freely and with delight because I love God.
50. I enjoy visiting in hospitals or elderly homes and being an agent of blessing to others.
51. I am known to communicate truths of God in a clear compelling fashion to large audiences.
52. I sacrificially give of myself for young or straying Christians.
53. Ushering, cleaning , or supporting tasks in a church-related facility suits me well.
54. I explain the New Testament well to others.
55. I am able to plan action goals for ministry with others.
56. Unbelievers understand when I explain what it means that Jesus is the Christ.
57. I feel comfortable being an instrument for dislodging the complacent/self-satisfied, and redirecting the wayward in face-to-face encounters.
58. I am able to earn much money for giving to the Lord's work.
59. I have a great desire to spare other persons from punishment or penalties they justly deserve.
60. I proclaim God's truth in an inspiring and enthusiastic way.
61. I am able to feed followers in Christ by guiding them through selected Bible passages.
62. I am content in being a teacher's aide in a class, or in doing a similar helping task.
63. When I communicate Biblical truths to others, it affects changes in knowledge, attitudes, values or conduct.
64. I can win wide acceptance from church members for major changes involving effective procedures.
65. I would remain spiritually strong in the company of unbelievers and would use every opportunity to win some to Christ.
66. I am able to counsel effectively the perplexed, guilty or addicted.
67. I manage money well in order to give liberally to God's work.
68. I am able to talk cheerfully with prisoners, or lonely shut-ins.
69. I have been able to reveal God's future events in general terms through Bible teaching.
70. I am able to restore persons who have wandered away from Christian community.
71. I can assist key leaders who 'pray and minister the word' (Acts 5) by taking some of their other responsibilities.
72. I can make difficult Biblical truths understandable to others.